The must visit event for any vintage style-lover comes to Guildford this weekend
- Credit: Various
A must for any self-respecting Surrey style-lover, a huge new vintage fair is set to take place at Guildford Cathedral on Saturday February 7.
Hosted by independent live music venue The Boileroom, who already run their own vintage market, this major event will provide a platform for the finest local vintage sellers, designers and makers, with over 30 stalls to peruse.
“As Guildford’s independent, alternative live music venue, we pride ourselves on championing our local creative community, which is why we are delighted to announce that we will be hosting Vintage Guildford,” says director, Dominique Frazer.
“Having successfully run our own vintage as well as artisan market at the venue for some years, we’re stepping it up a gear and moving to the cathedral.
“For this special event, we have hand-picked a high quality selection of stalls showing vintage men and women’s clothing, accessories, music and homewares; plus much more besides!”
Other attractions will include a vintage clothing catwalk, showcasing some of the items that will be on sale on the day; Lucy Holland, a consultant for Space NK, will be offering free 50’s makeovers; and local barber, Nick from Headcase, will be doing 50’s style haircuts and beard grooming.
There will even be a chance to get a record of your new look with a photographer doing vintage style portraits – and one free digital image to take away.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 9 Devon pubs and bars with great beer gardens
- 9 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 10 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
In addition, there’ll be crafty workshops running throughout the day for all ages and abilities, including crocheting/knitting, the chance to make pulled wool animals, and even a vintage card making workshop where you can hand-make a card for Valentine’s Day.
And, last but not least, there’ll also be live music too, including three choirs. We’ll see you at the altar!
• Vintage Guildford, Guildford Cathedral, Stag Hill, Guildford GU2 7UP. Entry: £2. Tel: 01483 547860. Web: theboileroom.net