Tolpuddle-based Allegoric Designs and their funky range of kitchen accessories
- Credit: Archant
Tolpuddle-based Allegoric Designs has taken the farmyard to the circus, as Carol Burns discovers
Cows balancing on milk churns, chickens juggling eggs and pigs swinging with gay abandon on a trapeze – it’s all happening in Yvonne Lee’s fun and funky range of kitchen accessories.
Created under the label of Allegoric Designs, Yvonne’s ‘Circus Farm’ range was launched in 2015. It features the illustrations of the professional artist and illustrator who’s previous work includes walking and cycling map leaflet packs for Dorset County Council and Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
As with so many great products and designs, her inspiration came simply from the fact she couldn’t find anything she liked – and so Yvonne set out to design something she did. “I decided to produce my own illustrated products following my MA Illustration. At the same time I had a new kitchen and I was struggled to find some new placemats and coasters,” explains Yvonne. “I was looking for kitchen goodies which fitted a modern country kitchen but had a Dorset countryside flavour. I can see young cows in the field from my studio window who often do crazy things. This inspired Buttercup the Balancing Cow and so the Circus Farm was born.”
Products in the range include aprons featuring Buttercup the Balancing Cow, tea towels featuring Jessy the Juggling Chicken and fine bone China featuring Percy the Trapezing Pig. Yvonne has also just added greetings cards to her range.
“My Circus Farm collection comes in colours to suit contemporary kitchens but while the tones may be sophisticated, my designs are anything but sedate. My aim is to make people smile while providing high quality, practical products which are a joy to use.”
See Yvonne’s full range at allegoric.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms