Top tips for winter skin care
- Credit: Archant
Laura Tucker, make-up artist to many a glossy magazine, including Harper’s Bazaar, Town and Country and Men’s Fitness, gives her top five winter skin savers
Seasonal changes can have a drastic effect on our skin. As temperatures grow cooler, our skin requires a boost of hydration - not only because of the colder climate but also due to central heating. I also find during the winter months that it’s harder than during tims of warmer temperature to consume the recommended daily two litres of water. Therefore, you need to turn to skincare for extra support.
I’ve put together five of my key autumn skincare regime updates for you, so hopefully the seasonal change will be a little less stressful.
1. Liz Earle Hot Cloth & Polish Cleanser It’s an oldie, but a goodie! To be honest, this is my ‘go to’ cleanser for every season. It suits every skin type, and effectively cleanses the skin, while the shea butter keeps moisture locked in. Use with the provided muslin cloth and for every two washes. If you own a Clarisonic, be sure to use this cleanser over anything else – a wonder combination!
2. Sarah Chapman 3D Moisture Infusion This pack of four face masks will hydrate, soothe and plump skin in need of TLC. The mask may scare anyone you come face-to-face with, so find a spare 10-15 minutes away from others, pop one on, lay down and breathe in your moment of relaxation and rehydration.
3. Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Bi-Phase Peel This is a miracle pick-me-up product. Shake, rattle and roll the bottle and apply a thin layer to cleansed skin using the provided pads, then rinse off with warm water after five minutes. The combination of glycolic and salicylic acids with Algenist’s patented formulation of super hydrating and nourishing Microalgae oil together exfoliate, renew, soothe and nourish the skin, leaving skin radiant and rejuvenated in a short time.
4. Liz Earle Superskin Face Serum This new luxurious serum is an addition to Liz Earle’s popular Superskin range. The combination of powerful naturally-active ingredients will not only hydrate the skin but also even skin tone, lift and firm and plump and smooth. An all-round winning product if you ask me! Apply before moisturiser morning and/or evening.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
5. Algenist Power A new addition to the growing Algenist family. Algenist Power is an advanced anti-wrinkle fighting moisturiser which contains the company’s patented formulation of alguronic acid and a new ingredient, AlgaProtein, which combine to reduce visibly the deepest of wrinkles while plumping and hydrating. The skin is left smoother and looking more youthful. What more could we want?