Top to toes in luxury: Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa
- Credit: Archant
Georgia Potts puts her feet up at Bedford Lodge Hotel and Spa in Newmarket
If first impressions are anything to go by, my Spa at Bedford Lodge experience is going to be unforgettable. I’m greeted and guided to check-in, then accompanied to the spa lounge, where I relax with a cafe latte. Then a therapist explains the treatment I’m about to have, before helping me to the changing rooms. There I have my own locker and I slip into my robe and slippers. Everything was waiting for me. I felt like a queen coming to visit.
The Spa at Bedford Lodge is in the grounds of the stylish Bedford Lodge Hotel. It’s housed in a beautiful Georgian property that once formed part of the estate of the sixth Duke of Bedford. It was renovated and opened in 2013, and retains many of the building’s original features, including the grand staircase and high ceilings. Yet at the same time it is modern and furnished to a very high standard.
All the staff are professional and friendly, They all speak very softly, and constantly attend to my needs, ensuring I’m relaxed and comfortable. At every stage of my visit they explain what I can expect next.
I’m here for a Zen Spa Delux Pedicure. The Spa uses Espa, ZenSpa and Jessica Cosmetics, very high end, high quality products. This pedicure lasts about 50 minutes. First my feet are soaked and scrubbed in a warm bowl, then buffed and massaged – absolutely divine.
Then my feet are drenched in cream and put in heating boots, which make your feet feel extra soft. I’ve chosen a nude colour for my nails, but there are many colours to choose from, all expertly applied. All in all it’s a wonderful experience. I want to stay all night and have more and more treatments.
I would definitely go to The Spa again. In fact, I met with a friend afterwards and we discussed booking a spa weekend in the next couple of weeks.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District