Book your place on a luxury vintage train ride through Kent
- Credit: Archant
Feel like a character in an Agatha Christie novel as you traverse through the Kentish countryside with a four-course dinner and Champagne aboard a vintage steam train
If you are a steam train enthusiast and love the finer things in life, then you’re going to jump at this trip of a lifetime.
A luxury vintage train will make its first visit to Kent next year on a fundraising journey for the Heart of Kent Hospice.
In May 2019 Northern Belle which, as its name suggests, usually works routes in the north of England, will depart from Maidstone to head through the Kent countryside with passengers enjoying a four-course meal and fine wines.
As an extra treat, its elegant period-style carriages, restored to reflect Britain’s famous Belle and Pullman trains of the 1920s and 1930s, will be hauled by a Black class 5 steam locomotive.
The journey begins on 11 May 2019, leaving Maidstone East at 12.30pm and returning at 5pm. Tickets at £349 per person include a glass of Champagne, canapés, a four-course lunch, coffee and petit fours and a bottle of wine per couple. I’ve ‘tested’ it for you and it’s truly magical.
To book your place visit www.hokh.org or call 01622 790195.
- 1 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 7 Alport Castles - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021