Marden fair: healthy fun for all the family
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
There really is so much to do
Marden is hosting a health fair later this month.
The day will be light-hearted and fun with a range of exhibitors and as many active and interactive displays as possible.
It will also provide visitors with an insight into the availability of organisations providing guidance and support. Appropriately healthy refreshments will be available from the WI.
Set up by Marden Medical Centre’s patient reference group, it will be held on Saturday, April 26, at the Memorial Hall in Goudhurst Road.
There will be no charge for entry and a crèche will be available, while a stand will be run by Marden Children’s Centre for younger visitors.
The fair will be supported by doctors and staff from the medical centre. They will be on hand to discuss general health issues and demonstrate how they have taken their own advice with a reprise of their participation in the London to Brighton bicycle ride in support of the British Heart Foundation.
- 1 Where to watch the Perseids meteor shower in East Anglia
- 2 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 3 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 4 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 6 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 7 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 10 17 amazing experience days in Hampshire
The fair will also feature Wellbeing People, the company based in the village’s Pattenden Lane. It offers programmes based on its philosophy of Engaged Prevention to companies and the public at events throughout the year.
Its non-clinical tests will include a Health MoT with pizzazz, including its Interactive Health Kiosk.
Also featured will be Wellbeing People’s Smoothie Bike, giving visitors the opportunity to make a delicious drink.
Other organisations present will range from walking and cycling groups to wholesome-food suppliers, while several will be tackling specialist medical conditions, caring and help for the elderly.
Visit marden-prg.org.uk/Events/2014/Health-Fair/ for more details.