Mrs Upton’s Christmas Pudding recipe
- Credit: Archant
Mrs Upton’s Christmas Pudding, as served in The Olde Spot Bistro, Roaming Roosters
1 grated carrot
4oz plain flour
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
4oz brown sugar
4oz grated apple
4oz mixed peel
2oz chopped prunes
1tsp mixed spice
1 orange, zest
1 tbsp black treacle
½ lemon -zest + juice
¼ pint dark beer
Mix all of the dried fruit with sugar, grated carrot, grated apple and dark beer and leave to soak for 24 hours.
After 24 hours mix all of the dry ingredients together
Whisk together the eggs, treacle, lemon and orange zest, and juice.
Mix all three sets of ingredients together thoroughly
Put in a 1 1/2 lb basin, and seal with a lid, or parchment and foil.
Steam the pudding for 4-6 hours.