Musical legacy will continue at Finchcocks, Goudhurst
- Credit: Archant
Finchcocks, recently sold for over £3m, will continue opening its doors to the public for its piano museum and world class piano courses
Finchcocks, the renowned 18th-century piano museum in Goudhurst, recently sold for more than £3m but its music legacy will continue, as the new owners have revealed they will be opening the doors to the public and offering world-class piano courses for adults of all abilities.
Finchcocks manor, which has played host to Second World War soldiers, a ballet school and the world-famous piano museum, is considered to be one of the finest examples of Georgian architecture in the UK.
As well as renovating the main house, the owners have restored the adjacent Coach House, retaining and incorporating the period features into boutique hotel-style accommodation for guests of the piano school.
To create the space for the piano school, the cellar has been turned into a recital room surrounded by vaulted practice rooms, each containing a grand piano.
Owner and entrepreneur, Neil Nichols, who visited the Piano Museum 25 years ago on a school trip, said: “The newly launched piano courses at Finchcocks are designed to inspire. Courses include workshop sessions that demonstrate new techniques, masterclass sessions that focus on performance and an evening recital that showcases a particular composer or musical genre.”
In between classes, guests will be able to practice on one of the nine grand pianos in the 18th-century vaulted brick cellars, before enjoying dinner cooked by a private chef.
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
Previous owner, Katrina Burnett, commented: “Richard and I are so pleased that Neil and Harriet have bought Finchcocks, and we’re delighted that they’ve found a way to continue the musical tradition there.
“Meanwhile, 14 of the instruments from the original Finchcocks’ collection now form part of the Richard Burnett Heritage Collection, housed in a new purpose-built musical faculty in Tunbridge Wells.”
Find out more about the course at www.finchcocks.com