Accountant on the Run
Do not approach this man! If you see him pounding the pavements of Tunbridge Wells or running along the roads around Hadlow Down, beware – he is after your money!...
Accountant on the run
Do not approach this man! If you see him pounding the pavements of Tunbridge Wells or running along the roads around Hadlow Down, beware – he is after your money!
First time London Marathon runner, Roger Ward, a partner with Creaseys, the award-winning Tunbridge Wells-based accountancy firm, is building up his training programme with a series of midweek and weekend training runs, ahead of the Virgin London Marathon on 17 April.
“I’ve taken part in a number of 10k races and two half-marathons previously – but this is the biggest challenge I have faced,” says Roger.
Although he was not successful in the national ballot, despite several previous applications, Roger was delighted to hear that he had been awarded a golden ticket by the Alzheimer’s Society.
“My father-in-law suffers from dementia and he visits the Alzheimer’s Society once a week,” says Roger. “Not only does he seem to enjoy these sessions but it gives my mother-in-law (who is his full-time carer) a well deserved break.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
He continues: “However, the pressure is really on as I also have to raise over �2,000 in sponsorship. My work colleagues have been really supportive and I hope my clients will feel able to pledge some money to this very worthwhile charity.”
If you would like to help Roger raise over �2,000 for the Alzheimer’s Society, visit his fundraising page at: www.virginmoneygiving.com/RogerWard