Boost for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
CLARE BOURKE looks at care issues across Somerset
A charity which provided the world’s first mobile cancer treatment for patients received a welcome boost of nearly £3,000 thanks to fundraising by a team of solicitors.
Hope for Tomorrow is helping people being treated for cancer across Somerset by providing the Mobile Chemotherapy Unit called ‘Bumble’ in partnership with Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
‘Bumble’ currently visits Minehead, Bridgwater, Chard and West Mendip, bringing cancer treatment closer to home for hundreds of patients.
Acorn Solicitors, which is based in Taunton and Street, raised almost £3,000 by doing free wills for local people - which is a quarter of the £12,000 needed to keep a Mobile Chemotherapy Unit on the road each year.
Rachel Johnstone, Regional Fundraiser from Hope for Tomorrow, said, “This support means that many cancer patients across the county can receive their treatment closer to home, in a comforting and familiar environment on board the Unit, without having to endure travelling long distances and spending so much of their precious time on the busy oncology wards.”
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott