Exeter Chiefs rugby stars show their talents off the pitch
- Credit: PA
Exeter Chiefs star Olly Woodburn reveals how he and fellow player Jack Nowell have teamed up to showcase a new fashion range
I first began this collaboration with Devon Life to showcase my love of photography with the additional hope that it would also break through the stigma of some people regarding athletes as one-dimensional characters who can only think with their muscles.
I know I speak on behalf of a lot of my teammates and friends at Exeter Chiefs when I say that our feats on the pitch can, at times, feel like the sum of our perceived achievements in life.
Not much is said for our talents outside of rugby (perhaps only when one of boys’ impressive bottomless beer belly sessions at Timepiece nightclub is caught on video!).
In all seriousness, you probably don’t know, for example, that Ben Moon is a woodworking wizard, or that Tom O’Flaherty is fluent in French, or that Jordan Poole is a qualified chef (and cooks a meaner than mean Beef Wellington), or that Luke Cowan-Dickie is a world class video gamer…
Or that Jack Nowell is a fashionista. Well, actually, that’s not 100% true; I did see him sporting Crocs and socks just last week. He has, however, developed an impressive entrepreneurial eye when it comes to clothing and apparel.
After designing and manufacturing a new range for his recent venture with Cornish-born clothing brand Mustard, Jack reached out to me for help with photographing imagery for the launch.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
I take real pride in the way I dress and I must give him credit for the quality and fit of Mustard garments – boxy tees, simple but well-cut designs and neat accessories. In a world where people are increasingly becoming sceptical and self-conscious of fast-fashion shopping habits, it’s refreshing to see a brand like Mustard get affordable but quality pieces so right.
Check out some of these images we captured from the shoot day – not bad for some beer-chugging muscle-mass right?
Find out more here about the full range of Mustard clothing