Corrie villain Geoff Metcalfe helps abused women
- Credit: Archant
Coronation Street actor Ian Bartholomew records song for Women’s Aid
Coronation Street actor Ian Bartholomew has released a song, “This Time It’s Forever”, to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
Ian, who plays wife abuser Geoff Metcalfe, is a talented singer/songwriter who has won accolades for his roles in West End musicals. He wrote and recorded the song in response to the Coronation Street storyline about his character’s coercive control of wife Yasmeen. The Geoff and Yasmeen Metcalfe story has been used to aid in the education about skyrocketing rates of domestic violence and abuse during lockdown, and to help those directly affected receive help and shelter. The song can be downloaded here to support Women’s Aid.
The Absolute record label is helping Women’s Aid with the marketing and distribution for the Christmas charity single.
Read more about Ian Bartholomew, his portrayal of Geoff Metcalfe and his work with charities supporting abused women here in his exclusive interview with Cheshire Life.
Facebook & Twitter: @womensaid
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 7 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 10 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery