Corrie villain Geoff Metcalfe helps abused women
- Credit: Archant
Coronation Street actor Ian Bartholomew records song for Women’s Aid
Coronation Street actor Ian Bartholomew has released a song, “This Time It’s Forever”, to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
Ian, who plays wife abuser Geoff Metcalfe, is a talented singer/songwriter who has won accolades for his roles in West End musicals. He wrote and recorded the song in response to the Coronation Street storyline about his character’s coercive control of wife Yasmeen. The Geoff and Yasmeen Metcalfe story has been used to aid in the education about skyrocketing rates of domestic violence and abuse during lockdown, and to help those directly affected receive help and shelter. The song can be downloaded here to support Women’s Aid.
The Absolute record label is helping Women’s Aid with the marketing and distribution for the Christmas charity single.
Read more about Ian Bartholomew, his portrayal of Geoff Metcalfe and his work with charities supporting abused women here in his exclusive interview with Cheshire Life.
Facebook & Twitter: @womensaid
- 1 Why Cornwall is so different from its neighbouring counties
- 2 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 3 How to be a flexitarian
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 6 Simple steps to worry less
- 7 6 of the best home workouts to try
- 8 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 9 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 10 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie