Charity coastal walker “MadDogg” reaches North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Charity walker Lee “MadDogg” Madden, who is on a mission to walk the entire coast of the UK by road, has reached north Devon.
Lee is raising funds for Cancer Research UK in memory of his mother, who died in 1992 aged 44.
He set off from Southsea seafront, Portsmouth, in May and has already walked the coastal roads of Dorset, South Devon and Cornwall, calling in at Cancer Research UK shops en-route. Now in North Devon he plans to visit the charity’s Bideford and Barnstaple shops over the next two or three days.
Lee, from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, said: “I have been in several local newspapers and on four local radio stations but my donations only total £410 to date, so I have hit a wall as it were.
“I try to e-mail companies in towns I am due to pass through for sponsorship requests or donations of kit, food or accomodation but it is extremely difficult to keep on top of as I only use an Android phone for all my communications and this uses battery power!
“I would love to get a sponsor from a large company or several small companies and they would get mentioned in my tweets to my ever increasing followers or I could carry their logos or contact details somewhere.”
After Devon Lee will be walking the north coast roads of Somerset and then the Welsh coast.
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons