Clitheroe Community Fund launched by Mayor Kevin Horkin
- Credit: Archant
Clitheroe’s new Mayor is poised to launch a campaign which could improve the lives of hundreds of local people.
Councillor Kevin Horkin has pledged to help raise a staggering £100,000 during his official mayoral year, money which will then be invested in a new fund to be shared by organisations most in need.
All the cash raised would be deposited in the Clitheroe Community Fund, a new pot of money to help worthy causes.
Councillor Horkin is now looking for 100 local people, businesses or organisations each willing to raise £1,000 during this busy mayoral year which begins in May.
“Traditionally the mayor raises money for charity but not on the scale I have in mind. By committing to raise £100,000 it would kick start local fund-raising on a new level and the money collected would make a real difference to local people living in this area” said Councillor Horkin. “I’m looking for 100 keen and industrious people who have a conscience and are prepared to stand up and do something worthwhile for their local community.”
Councillor Horkin says the public perception of the Ribble Valley as a wealthy area tends to overshadow the fact that there are pockets of real depravation and social need.
“There is depravation here and anyone who wants to get involved should request a pledge form from the Clitheroe Town Council office who can be contacted on 01200 424722”.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 5 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round