Cotswolds will host BBC Countryfile Live in 2017 following huge turnout
- Credit: Archant
As the 2016 event came to close, organisers confirmed the event will return to Bleinheim Palace after a high number of visitors enjoyed the weekend of British countryside experience
BBC Countryfile Live finally came to a close on the evening of Sunday 7th August in the stunning grounds of Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire. As attendance figures have been confirmed, the event put on by SME London was confirmed as arguably the biggest consumer show launch in the last decade.
The brand new event, a spin off from the BBC television programme, enjoyed huge visitor numbers over the four days with a staggering 125,000 confirmed as attending the inaugural event.
Visitors enjoyed a variety of talks with presenters such as Matt Baker and John Craven, animal displays, a huge range of food and drink stands, as well as cookery displays, debates on rural subjects, farm machinery displays and a main arena show production unlike anything ever seen before at such an event.
The four day extravaganza included over 750 exhibitors, 4,990 ice creams devoured by visitors and nearly 5,000 canoe trips made on the water. All of this took place across a site that can fit more than eight Wembley stadiums.
Tim Etchells, Managing Director of show organisers, SME London said, ““This event has been two years in the making and a huge amount of hard work has gone into ensuring it brings the best of Britain’s wonderful countryside to life.
“We were delighted with the success of our first of many Countryfile Live events. The phenomenal visitor numbers we experienced prove there is a real desire for the British public to experience and learn more about the incredible countryside we enjoy in this country – we’ll be back at Blenheim Palace next year, 3rd – 6th August 2017.”
For more information about this year’s event or to get involved next year; visit the website.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 4 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 5 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire