Daredevil Dot Anderson seeks sponsorship for her Australian parachute jump!
Dot needs your help to get to the three thousand pound mark for her sponsored parachute jump in Australia this April. She is raising money for Charlton Farm Children's Hospice, Weston Hospice Care and St Margaret's Hospice Taunton
Having received promises of around two thousand pounds for her sponsored parachute jump in Australia this April, Dot needs your help to reach at least the three thousand mark, for her three supported charities; ‘Charlton Farm Children’s Hospice’, ‘Weston Hospice Care’ and ‘St Margaret’s Hospice Taunton, all local hospice organizations.
Picture with this release shows Dot handing over a cheque for one thousand pounds, at Thursday night’s lodge meeting, to Julie Draper of St Margaret’s Hospice, Taunton. Please be aware that this money is nothing to do with her sponsored jump, as St Margaret’s Hospice was already Dot’s chosen supported charity for her year as Lodge 123 ladies circle Lady President. Money was raised from a strawberry tea, a coffee morning and other small fund-raising events throughout the year.
Julie Draper, Community Fundraiser commented, "On behalf of St. Margaret's Hospice I would like to thank everyone from the Moose, Burnham on Sea for this wonderful donation and especially to Lady President Dot Anderson for choosing St. Margaret's as her Charity for the second year running.”
“The kindness, generosity and support from Dot has been amazing and I am truly grateful for this donation. It was wonderful to collect the cheque and meet some lovely people. I wish Dot every success with her forthcoming fundraising Parachute jump!”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks