Exmouth Tri-Hards all-female exercise group launches new branch for Devon’s men
- Credit: Archant
The ladies’ group has been so successful that the husbands and boyfriends left at home have decided to establish their own group!
Exmouth Tri-Hards was set up in June 2017 by Shelly Stammers to encourage women to get back into exercise, meet new people and potentially start competing in events.
On Facebook the female branch of Tri-Hards has 800 members who take part in weekly events and share ideas on how to stay active.
The gents group is already nearing 200 members and was set up by Shelly’s husband Neal. As with the ladies’ group, the men involved are all from different backgrounds, experiences, fitness levels and abilities.
As well as running, cycling and swimming, the groups take part in regular experience days, active weekend breaks, dog walks and often travel outside of Devon for different activities.
Both groups are proud to be non-judgmental and strive to foster an atmosphere where exercise and friendship are employed to improve physical and mental wellbeing.
They have a number of socials scheduled for 2018 including the Tri-Hards Dinner & Dance in October to support the MND Charity. There’s no better time to get involved.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 8 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer