What types of home care services are available in Hampshire?
- Credit: Archant
With the help of Right at Home, we take a look at a range of home care options available in and around Hampshire including dementia care, companionship and stroke recovery
How to get home care services in Hampshire
Right at Home have a great reputation, which of course is important when it comes to choosing the right home care service, whether it’s companionship, dementia care, personal care or stroke recovery and rehabilitation. Rated good to outstanding by the CQC (Care Quality Commission), they have branches across the country and Hampshire, with details at the foot of this article.
What types of home care are on offer?
Right at Home offer a range of care for the elderly in their own home including: companionship, live in care, specialist care, personal care, Alzheimer’s and dementia support, hospital to home services, stroke rehabilitation as well as helping with day trips and outings.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
Companionship and support
For families and friends that live far away from their loved ones, companionship is a vital aspect of Right at Home’s service. Caregivers will act as a friend to talk and listen to whilst also offering the client emotional support, light housekeeping, assisting with social interaction in the community, help with public transport and escorting on outings and trips. At the same time this companionship will act as respite for family carers.
As we know, it’s a positive thing for elderly people to remain at home wherever possible, but in some cases they may require specialist care due to various health conditions. Right at Home have caregivers who are trained in assisting clients with various medical issues including: cancer, osteoarthritis, diabetes, neuromuscular disorders, spinal injuries and end of life care.
Caregivers from Right at Home provide personal care to those who need it in a respectful way, retaining a clients’ dignity and independence. Assisting with personal hygiene and grooming, oral hygiene and incontinence care, caregivers offering personal care will do so in a discreet, professional manner.
Alzheimer’s and dementia
In dementia care and Alzheimer’s support, a safe environment is vital in the clients’ home. Right at Home caregivers ensure this safety as well as offering advice on adaptations that will make life easier. They also provide emotional support and respite to family and loved ones.
Hospital to home
For clients requiring hospital visits, or those recovering after a long stay, Right at Home’s caregivers offer support through the discharge process, help with washing and personal care, meal preparation, transportation and more. They can also at as a physical assistant in order to move safely around the home.
Stroke recovery can often be a long process and Right at Home’s stroke care service places the focus on the individual and their independence. Following their treatment for stroke, patients can then be supported by Right at Home caregivers from the comfort of the own home, following a customised stroke rehabilitation program provided by the hospital.
Live in care
As an alternative to a care home, Right at Home have a live in care service. This type of care allows the client a personalised care plan whilst remaining in familiar surroundings. With a caregiver living with the client in their home, it also acts as companion care preventing loneliness and isolation.
• Solent office – Southampton, Fareham, Gosport, New Forest East -54B, High Street, Fareham, PO16 7BG 0238 0170206 /01329 233755
• Portsmouth office, Portchester, Southsea – Trafalgar House, 223 Southampton Road, Portsmouth PO6 4PY; 02393 233186
• Guildford, Farnham, Fleet, Farnborough and Aldershot Office – Sandy Farm Business Centre, Sands Road, Farnham GU10 1PX; 01252 783426
• Mid Hampshire office - Eastleigh, Winchester, Romsey, Chandlers Ford - Wessex House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9FD; 02380 009595
Find out more at www.rightathomeuk.co.uk