Hove actress stars with Dame Kristin Scott Thomas in new hit West Show show
- Credit: Archant
Hove actress 18-year-old Izzy Meikle-Small has made her West End debut after appearing with Kristin Scott Thomas in Peter Morgan’s play The Audience, directed by Stephen Daldry.
The show, an updated version of Morgan’s play about the Queen’s weekly meetings with her prime ministers through the decades, has had rave reviews since its opening night earlier this week. Izzy is one of the actresses who play the role of Young Elizabeth. The production is currently booking until 25 July at the Apollo Theatre.
The actress, who left Brighton College last summer with a string of A*s at A level, has already forged a name for herself in the world of film and TV.
She appeared alongside Olivia Coleman and David Morrissey in last year’s hit BBC1 drama The 7.39, has played Estelle in the BBC’s most recent adaptation of Great Expectations and appeared in the film Never Let Me Go, based on Kazuo Ishiguro’s 2005 novel, with Keira Knightly and Carey Mulligan. Last year she also appeared in Pudsey The Movie.
• 29 famous people who went to school in Sussex - Celebrities and other famous figures who went to school in Sussex.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire