Jean Noble exhibition in Winchester
- Credit: Archant
The Minster Gallery is pleased to present this new exhibition of paintings by Jean Noble between 11 November - 9 December. This collection is inspired by her observations of cities landscapes and the sea.
“I believe the artist should provide a stimulating point of departure for thought and feeling by giving a strong image to which people can respond by emphasising, eliminating and clarifying to allow others a fresh viewpoint. My paintings are about reality without resorting to imitation.
“All my work begins in front of the subject, whether in the urban landscape or the countryside. I allow my eyes to relax and my thoughts to absorb what is around me, so that from the initial sketch, I make a response to my surroundings. Back in my studio, I interpret my sketches into paintings that once started, often dictate changes and further responses to colour and shapes that I recollect from my original interpretation.”
Jean studied at Loughborough College or Art, Kingston University and Central St Martins’, London. She is a member of the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours, the Society of Women Artists, the Cambridge Drawing Society as well as the Chelsea Arts Society.
Jean prefers to work in oils, pastel and water-based media, and she has won many awards. She exhibits regularly at the Royal Academy’s Summer Exhibition along with the Royal Society of Oil Painters, the Royal Watercolour Society Open Exhibition, the Pastel Society at the Mall Galleries, the Discerning Eye, and many well-recognised Galleries throughout the UK.
The Minster Gallery is situated in the heart of Winchester, Hampshire. The Gallery is a five minute walk from the train station and is easily found off the Square facing the main entrance of the Cathedral on Great Minster Street. It is open from 10–5pm Monday to Saturday or otherwise by appointment.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire