Lady Taverners’ lunch raises £4,574
- Credit: Archant
A total of £4,574 was raised at the 12th anniversary seaside charity lunch organised by the Kent and East Sussex Lady Taverners at Eastbourne’s Grand Hotel.
Actor Chris Ellison, famous for his role in television’s The Bill, was special guest at the lunch which attracted 151 ladies and businesswomen from the town and surrounding area.
The event got off to a sparkling start with a drinks reception on the hotel lawn and the lunch featured a fun raffle with tickets hidden inside balloons and a performance by the Bootleg Bee Gees, which had everyone dancing by their tables.
Laura Collins, Chairman of the Kent and Sussex Region, welcomed guests and said: “From small beginnings 12 years ago the seaside lunch has grown to become one of our major fundraising events and we are always grateful for the support we have received over the years. The focus has always been raising money whilst having fun, and once again the lunch was a great success and the money raised will go a very long way to supporting our aims.”
She also thanked Eastbourne-based wine merchants HT White & Co., jewellers W Bruford, the Eastbourne Ladies Circle, who sponsored the event, the team from the Grand Hotel and local companies that donated more than 20 prizes for the raffle.
The Lady Taverners is the fundraising arm of the sporting charity and club the Lord’s Taverners. Whilst the Lord’s Taverners is famous for its charitable giving to cricket the ladies’ section focuses on fundraising for specially adapted minibuses and sport and recreation facilities for young people with special needs.
Founded in 1987, over the years the Lady Taverners has raised more than £12 million and built up a network of 25 regions with nearly 1,000 members throughout the UK.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire