Applications to host events in the Coventry & Warwickshire Business Festival now being taken
- Credit: Archant
Organisations in Coventry and Warwickshire can now apply to host an event in the 2018 Coventry & Warwickshire Business Festival, running from November 19 to 30
This annual fortnight is the biggest business event in the region which saw nearly 5,000 people attending over 100 events in the 2017 Festival.
Any organisation can apply to run an event which can take any shape from a small networking workshop or seminar to a large trade show or national conference. Hosting an event is a great way to develop business networks, meet and connect with like-minded, industry experts as well as of increasing exposure not only locally but also regionally and nationally.
Events must meet the criteria set by the Business Festival Board, full details of which are available on the website and include:
• Benefiting other businesses and individuals in the region;
• Being topical or addressing challenges facing the local economy such as new technologies, innovation, policy or politics;
• Having the potential to attract investment and interest from outside of the region.
The criteria embrace the Festival objectives set by the Business Festival founders, the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership (CWLEP) and the Coventry and Warwickshire LEP Growth Hub, which are to drive knowledge about the extensive business support opportunities in the region, encourage collaboration, networking, innovation, learning and sharing opportunities and provide a way to show the rest of the world Coventry & Warwickshire’s strengths and investment potential.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 9 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
Craig HumphreyCraig Humphrey, managing director of the Coventry and Warwickshire LEP Growth Hub, said: “The 2018 Business Festival programme needs to encompass a wide variety of events of all descriptions, particularly those in the ten key sectors.
“We are keen to see the Festival evolve and have a stronger national and even international presence to enable investors to see our key assets.
“We have a fantastic central location in the UK, transport links, development opportunities, cultural heritage, two brilliant universities and research capabilities.
“The Festival presents an unrivalled opportunity for the region and for our businesses to grow and develop – whether this is sourcing new supply chains, spotting cross-selling opportunities, learning how to export for the first time or targeting new markets.”
Businesses can apply to run events in the 2018 Festival via the website until September 28.
Partnering and sponsoring opportunities are also available.
Previous Business Festival partners have gained substantial benefits from linking with the Business Festival including extensive brand exposure, guaranteed connections, introductions and business lead prospects.