Brewin Dolphin gives £2,500 to Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education
- Credit: Archant
Local Wealth Management Company Brewin Dolphin Exeter hands over a cheque for £2,500 to its first ever Charity of the Year, Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf Education.
The funds raised through a series of events over the last 12 months are being earmarked for new outdoor play equipment for primary-age students when the charity moves to its new Exeter site.
Exeter Deaf Academy is building an inspiring new Academy, designed with and for Deaf children with capacity to take up to 180 students in its pre-school, primary school, secondary school and college. It has full planning permission on the new site in Ringswell Avenue which is due to open in September 2016.
Richard Pike, Brewin Dolphin Head of Charities South and South West, says: “The Deaf Academy was selected as our first ever ‘charity of the year’ and commenced in January 2013. The relationship has not only been about raising much needed funds, but also awareness for this local worthy charity and all of the Brewin Dolphin staff have got fully involved.
“We launched the charity of the year by organising a visit for ten Deaf Academy students to meet the Exeter Chief’s first team at Sandy Park which included a guided tour and question and answer session which proved very successful. I am delighted to hand-over a cheque for £2,500 which will go towards buying outdoor play equipment for the primary students when they move to their exciting new academy.”
Jonathan Farnhill, Chief Executive says: “We have been really pleased with the support from the local business community this year. Brewin Dolphin has been one of the early supporters of the new Academy and we will be looking for the support of more local businesses over the next two years as the plans take shape and we launch our fundraising campaign next year.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex