Cheltenham BID to launch the first Cheltenham Cocktail Week
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The first Cheltenham Cocktail Week will be launched by Cheltenham Business Improvement District (BID) in May
Many of the Cheltenham’s best-loved bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants are coming together to celebrate the wide array of cocktails available in the town.
The week will see the launch of the Cheltenham Cocktail, which has been created especially for the event by Cheltenham bartender Jamie Campbell.
Cheltenham Cocktail Week will run from Monday May 15 to Sunday May 21 with the support of Pernod Ricard UK.
Throughout the week, events will be held at different venues so cocktail lovers can experience their favourite drinks in a different way. Industry training sessions will also be held to teach Cheltenham’s bartenders and bar staff new skills.
Venues already committed to holding events include Lily Gins, Wild Beer, Whittle Taps, The Clarence Social, Koj, Door 4 and Smokey Joes. Nightclubs including Under The Prom and Moo Moos will also be taking part. The full programme of events will be announced shortly.
BID Director Kevan Blackadder said: “There has been a great response to the idea from venues of all kinds and we’re expecting just as much interest from the public.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 4 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 5 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
Philip Jordan runs Under the Prom and Coco nightclubs in Cheltenham and is a BID board member. “It’s important that the BID works for the night-time economy,” he said. “This will be a week to highlight the quality of the businesses that already offer drinks to satisfy a wide range of tastes.”
Pernod Ricard UK is supporting Cheltenham Cocktail Week having been involved in similar events elsewhere.
Rylee Martin, business development executive with Pernod Ricard UK, said: “Cheltenham will be a fantastic town to hold a cocktail week and we’re looking forward to some great events in May.
“We’re not giving away all the ingredients for the Cheltenham Cocktail just yet, but it will feature gin, which has become such a favourite spirit with consumers recently.