Cheltenham is chosen as the venue for The National Cyber Awards 2018
- Credit: Archant
Cheltenham is delighted to have been chosen as the venue for The National Cyber Awards 2018 this November
Residing in the shadow of GCHQ, The Manor by the Lake Hotel will be the venue for this year’s The National Cyber Awards which will showcase the achievements within the Cyber and Digital Sector of organisations and individuals.
The event this year will be expertly managed by the organisers of the well-established London based Cyber Security Awards and hosted locally by GFirst LEP, Gloucestershire’s Local Enterprise Partnership. The awards will focus on and give recognition to three key areas;
1. Four classes of award for innovation and cutting edge AI cyber solutions both for business benefit and national defence.
2. Two awards for the reduction of Cyber Crime both against business and the individual.
3. Five personal awards for outstanding individuals in this sector and unsung heroes.
In addition there will be The National Cyber Citizen of the Year and a Lifetime Achievement Award to be presented by the Chair of The Cyber Trust, Dame Janet Trotter DBE CVO.
Each winner and runner up will receive a certificate and a unique Cyber Citizen figure trophy.
- 1 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 5 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 6 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 7 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 8 Inside the Devon home shortlisted for House of the Year on Grand Designs
- 9 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
Dev Chakraborty - Deputy CEO, GFirst LEP: “Gloucestershire is a centre of Cyber Security expertise with an expanding number of new start-ups and an agenda for a fabulous new Cyber Science park. GFirst LEP is delighted to host The National Cyber Awards 2018.”
Dame Janet Trotter DBE CVO – Chair The Cyber Trust: “The Cyber Trust is a charity that seeks to protect those most at risk in the areas of personal cyber and online security. We are delighted to have been chosen as the charity of choice by The National Cyber Awards allowing us to fund further work particularly our Cyber4Schools® initiative.”
Karla Refford, founder – Cyber Security Awards: “Having founded and successfully hosted the Cyber Security Awards in London for the last four years I am delighted to be managing The National Cyber Awards 2018 which is an ideal addition in recognising the excellent work in this sector.”
For more information, visit the National Cyber Awards website.