Devon firm connects students and employers
Last year Devon businessman Clive Banks achieved success in launching flashing wristbands to audiences around the world by partnering with Coldplay.
Not content with this success, he has now launched a second business, and this time attracting investment from Plymouth University.
We Connect Students is a fast growing digital company which has revolutionised the graduate recruitment market by allowing employers to search for students.
Multi-national firms, SMEs and around 40,000 UK students are already using We Connect Students, which enables employers to proactively target the student talent they need.
But further expansion is now on the cards after Plymouth, the enterprise university, agreed to become a strategic partner in the company.
Professor Wendy Purcell, Vice-Chancellor of Plymouth University, said: “Plymouth University is at the forefront of innovation in the higher education sector. We are excited to become an investor and strategic partner of We Connect Students as part of our enterprising efforts to transform lives and help our graduates reach their career goals.”
Clive Banks, CEO and co-founder of We Connect Students, added: “This partnership is a brilliant match. Employers are looking for cost-effective ways to manage their graduate recruitment. We were already successfully matching students and employers. We’re now looking forward to helping universities achieve their employability targets.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
Dr Maureen Powers, Dean of Students at Plymouth University and formerly from Stanford University, will become a non-executive director of We Connect Students and join its Advisory Panel.