GFirst LEP appoints Ian Mean to Board of Directors
- Credit: Archant
“I am delighted to be joining the board of GFirst LEP to help the team drive the economy of Gloucestershire.”
GFirst LEP, Gloucestershire’s Local Enterprise Partnership, is delighted to announce the appointment of Ian Mean to the Board of Directors - his specific role will include being the Small Business Champion for the LEP.
Ian knows Gloucestershire well, having previously edited The Citizen for 10 years, and was Editor in Chief of Gloucestershire Media and editor of the Western Daily Press.
He is currently Gloucestershire Director of Business West - a key element of their activity includes running Gloucestershire Chamber of Commerce.
Commenting on his appointment, Ian Mean said: “I am delighted to be joining the board of GFirst LEP to help the team drive the economy of Gloucestershire.
“If we are to really make business progress in Gloucestershire we must do all we can to encourage SMEs to thrive.
“I would like to see us encouraging new businesses like cyber but also supporting the best of traditional manufacturing.
“We have a great heritage of specialist engineering in Gloucestershire which must be preserved and helped.
- 1 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 7 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 8 Inside the Devon home shortlisted for House of the Year on Grand Designs
- 9 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
”After all, this is the county where the jet engine was born, and we have to continue to develop innovative products and manufacture them to world class standards”.
Diane Savory OBE, GFirst LEP Chair said: “Ian is well placed and well versed in the business needs of Gloucestershire, having him as our Small Business Champion will ensure that all business voices are heard and that we as a Local Enterprise Partnership continue to play our role in supporting businesses to grow and thrive across the county.”
For more information, visit the GFirst LEP website.