Leatherhead construction group presented with Queen's Award
Princess Alexandra visited the Leatherhead headquarters of local construction company, the Wates Group, to present it with this year's Queen's Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
Princess Alexandra visited the Leatherhead headquarters of local construction company, the Wates Group, to present it with this year’s Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development.
The Queen’s Award was presented to Andrew Wates, former chairman and third generation of the Wates Group, in recognition of the company’s continuous improvement in sustainable development.
Wates is the only construction company to have received the accolade in the past five years.
The award is based on the company’s long-term commitment to sustainable development, which is brought to life through initiatives such as Building Futures, a programme dedicated to encouraging long-term unemployed back to work, and Target Zero a commitment to send zero non-hazardous waste to landfill.
The awards are presented annually to businesses that demonstrate the highest levels of excellence in the categories of Innovation, International Trade, and Sustainable Development.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon