Malvern Hotel The Cottage in the Wood undergoes £2.5million refurb
- Credit: Archant
All 30 bedrooms of the famous Malvern Hotel will be refurbished and there are exciting plans to build an orangery and a new spa
These are exciting times for Malvern’s hotel The Cottage in the Wood.
Owners Julia and Nick Davies are in the process of giving the 30-bedroom hotel a £2.5 million refurbishment.
The hotel has some of the best views in England and is well known for being a favourite with former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, who stayed there regularly following the death of her husband Denis.
The first phase to restore the Main House, including restaurant, bar and reception, back to its Georgian glory is now complete.
The project honours the property and the surrounding location’s history, including links with literary greats and good friends CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien, and the composer Elgar.
London-based interior design studio Nelson Design have been hired to redesign the entire property comprising of The Main House, with a 2 AA Rosette restaurant, bar and lounge and seven bedrooms, Beech Cottage with four bedrooms, and The Coach House with 19 bedrooms.
It is planned that all 30 bedrooms will be refurbished by the end of 2019 and there are exciting plans to build an orangery by 2020 and even a new spa by 2021.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings