Revealed: The winners of the Cheltenham BID Awards
- Credit: © Thousand Word Media
We’re absolutely delighted to announce the winners and highly commended businesses in our first, annual Cheltenham BID Awards
When we launched the awards, we set out to recognise the broad spread of companies thriving in the BID zone - Cheltenham’s Business Improvement District.
The BID board has done a tremendous amount to raise the profile of this bustling town centre, from securing funding for major infrastructure projects to initiating important tourist-focused initiatives designed to draw yet more visitors to its shopping and leisure destinations.
And we were inundated with nominations for brilliant businesses spanning an area from The Promenade and Montpellier to the High Street and beyond.
From pubs and restaurants to beauty salons, professional services organisations to retail workers, we’ve been bowled over by the fantastic things you’re doing to promote Cheltenham, and Gloucestershire as a whole.
The nominations are in. The judges have made their decisions.
And now we’re absolutely thrilled to be able to showcase and celebrate your significant successes.
Congratulations, all. Your awards are very well deserved.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
Winners and Highly Commended
Newcomer of the Year
Winner: The Cosy Club
Highly Commended: The Find
Young Business Person of the Year
Winner: Chris Capewell & Max Shaw - The Union Project
Highly Commended: Laurence Cripps - House of Fraser
Retail Manager of the Year
Winner: Alison Jacobsen - Molton Brown
Highly Commended: Chantelle Stemp - Hotel Chocolat
Health & Beauty Business of the Year
Highly Commended: Laura Leigh Hair & Beauty
Highly Commended: Earl’s & Co.
Independent Business of the Year
Winner: Tokyotattoo Studio
Highly Commended: CGT Lettings
Highly Commended: Keith Scarrott Shoes
Professional Services Business of the Year
Winner: Eazy Collect Services Limited
Highly Commended: Stagecoach
Bar/Pub/Club of the Year
Winner: Door 4
Highly Commended: Smokey Joe’s
Restaurant of the Year
Highly Commended: KibouSushi
Highly Commended: Dolce & Salato
Customer Service Award
Highly Commended: Cook Residential
Highly Commended: Martin & Co.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Winner: Chun Kong