Run for Gin relay premieres in Cheltenham
- Credit: Dave Warren
The first-ever Cheltenham Run for Gin Relay Challenge, sponsored by local law firm Lodders, and organised by Tempo Events, took place on Friday June 23
Cheltenham’s Pittville Park played host to a new fun event ideal for people who love running and gin.
Thirty-two teams took part in this fresh idea for team-building with work colleagues, or simply having fun with friends.
Each team was made-up of four runners, who battled it out over a two-mile relay run around Pitville Park, spurred on by the promise of a glass of gin – courtesy of The Little Gin Company – and crowds of spectators.
Each runner had to complete their two-mile leg to partake of the complimentary refreshments, with non-alcoholic options available for the under-18’s and non-drinkers taking part.
As well as supporting the event, Lodders fielded a team of runners: Kate Higginson, Steve Thomas, Holly Kennett and Scott Parmenter, who completed the total eight miles in 1 hour, 5 minutes, 38 seconds, placing them in 16th position overall.
Head of Lodders Cheltenham practice, partner Paul Mourton, presented all the prizes awarded at the event, including the Best Looking Fancy Dressed Team, Fastest Pub Team, Fastest Corporate Team, Fastest Veteran Team (team age 160+ years), and Fastest Super Veteran Team (team age 200+ years).
“The Gin Relay is a great idea that has huge potential,” he said. “With a provisional date already set for 2018, I really hope this event will take off and become a regular fixture on Cheltenham’s annual calendar.”
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
He added: “The firm enjoys taking an active role in our local community, whether through our charitable work including for our own Lodders Charitable Foundation that is supporting the Farming Community Network and Shakespeare’s Puppies Appeal this year, or by sponsoring and attending events such as the Moreton Show and Stratford’s ‘Big 10k’, so it is great to be involved in a new, fun event.”
Next year’s Cheltenham Gin Relay is set to take place on Friday June 22 2018.
For more information about Lodders, visit their website.