Swindon & Wiltshire LEP: Shaping our local industrial strategy
- Credit: Archant
The Swindon & Wiltshire LEP invites guests to join them at their ‘Shaping our Industrial Strategy Business Breakfast’ on Wednesday June 13
Swindon & Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) are gearing up to create an industry-led Local Industrial Strategy that harnesses sector strengths in Swindon and Wiltshire. To do this they need to work in partnership with Government and innovative businesses at the heart of our thriving economy.
The Government has said that it will prioritise areas with “the potential to drive regional growth, focusing on clusters of expertise and centres of economic activity.” Working together, Swindon & Wiltshire LEP need to ensure that Swindon and Wiltshire is an area of choice to partner with Government and be leaders of this activity not passive recipients.
The Industrial Strategy White Paper was published by Government in autumn 2017 and identified four Grand Challenges facing the UK over the next 10-15 years. They are developments in technology that will transform industries and societies around the world and in which the UK could play a leading role.
• Artificial Intelligence and Data Economy – putting the UK at the forefront of the artificial intelligence and data revolution;
• Clean Growth – maximising the advantages for UK industry from the global shift to clean growth;
• Future of Mobility – becoming a world leader in the way people, goods and services move;
• Ageing Society – harnessing the power of innovation to help meet the needs of an ageing society.
The Swindon & Wiltshire LEP invites guests to join them at their ‘Shaping our Industrial Strategy Business Breakfast’ on Wednesday June 13 to share ideas, find out people’s thoughts and together developing ways in which Swindon & Wiltshire can help the UK lead the global tech revolution by tackling the four Grand Challenges facing the country.
Tickets to attend the Business Breakfast and Lunch events are FREE and can be booked here. For further information, please contact our Business Engagement Manager Colette Mallon email@example.com / 07734 679600.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer