Tech OP Solutions are now official Cyber Essentials Accreditors in Gloucestershire
- Credit: Archant
Local Information Security company, Tech OP Solutions, are now able to award the Cyber Essentials tick for businesses, organisations and charities
Simon Hearne and Rupert Osicki, Cyber Auditors at Tech OP Solutions, passed their Cyber Essentials course during February and are fresh from training and ready to help organisations protect their vital information; by ensuring that the right level of protection is in place to help prevent cyber threats.
“Government and industry have worked together to produce a scheme designed to help UK organisations with limited experience of cyber security to improve their defences and demonstrate publicly their commitment to cyber security.”
With the increase of cyber threats to businesses, the Government has implemented educated principles and guidelines that help to protect SME’s, organisations and charities against common internet-based threats. The process of certification has been designed to be easily manageable while at the same time providing a respected standard in cyber security.
The scheme considers widely available threats and virus’s that demand little skill, such as:
• Passwords Guessing
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
The Cyber Essentials scheme has also been designed to helps organisations to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data stored on devices which connect to the Internet, such as:
• Desktop and laptop PCs
• Tablets and smartphones
• All types of server and networking equipment
Is there a cost to gaining your Cyber Essentials certification?
Yes, there is a standard one-off payment, which all accreditation bodies charge, £300+vat.
What are the advantages of Cyber Essentials certification?
• Achieving the certification provides much needed reassurance to your clients that you are working to secure your technology, educate your employees and protect the client’s information against cyber-attacks.
• Cyber Essentials can assist in securing new business with the understanding you take cyber security very seriously.
• It goes without saying that you are also looking after your data and protecting your business.
• Cyber essentials is also a big tick in the box with the new GDPR regulations coming into force from May 21 2018.
How to I become certified?
Certification involves a simple, three step process:
• Select a local Accreditation Body, such as Tech Op Solutions.
• Verify that your IT is suitably secure and meets the standards set by Cyber Essentials – your Accreditation Body will help you with this by advising you on the changes you need to make.
• Complete the questionnaire that your Accreditation Body will provide, they will also visit your premises and verify your answers.
• Once you’ve passed, you will be awarded your Cyber Essentials certificate.