The Hand Clinic at Oxford Brookes now open to the public
- Credit: Archant
The Hand Clinic at Oxford Brookes has recently opened its doors to the public, offering consultations by appointment for people with hand injuries.
Working at the keyboard for long periods, having a sport-related injury, playing a musical instrument or having a chronic condition such as rheumatoid arthritis can all lead to hand pain which affects work and home life. From difficulty gripping objects, turning on taps or opening jars, problems with our hands can limit what we can do, and want to do, on a daily basis.
Fortunately, conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury, sports injuries like tendonitis and ligament strain, or chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can all benefit from hand therapy.
Since September 2012, The Hand Clinic at Oxford Brookes University has been providing hand care for its staff and students. Based at Marston Road in Oxford, it is the first hand clinic in the country which is based in a university.
It has recently opened its doors to the public and is now able to offer consultations by appointment. The clinic offers an initial one hour detailed assessment of your hands, during which an experienced Hand Therapist examines and assesses your hands, looking at the movement, strength and feeling, and provides advice such as adjustments to your work environment or suggestions for an exercise routine you can do at home, or you may be given support splints to wear.
If the problem cannot be treated in the clinic, the therapist will recommend an appropriate referral. The Hand Clinic caters for all ages including children and older people.
Costs are kept to a minimum, and many people find they only need one or two appointments. The clinic has appointments available on Wednesday afternoons.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 3 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
To find out more, call 01865 485250 or email email@example.com