Warwick District Council to bid for Channel 4 Hub
- Credit: Getty Images
The Warwick District Council aims to put in a bid for a Hub in Royal Leamington Spa
Channel 4 is to move its HQ out of London and to relocate along with two Hubs in different locations in the UK. Local authorities have the opportunity to bid to host the HQ or one of the Hubs in their district and Warwick District Council aims to put in a bid for a Hub in Royal Leamington Spa.
Cllr Andrew Mobbs, Leader, Warwick District Council says; “I have been working in the background with senior officers for some time and met with Channel 4 last year.
This is an exciting opportunity for our District, but we are entering a highly competitive process against bids from throughout the country.
I believe that a Hub, as part of our Creative Quarter initiative, would be a wonderful addition to our already strong presence as a centre of digital and creative excellence.
We are enthusiastic about this as it confirms the value we place on this sector’s contribution to the local economy. This also demonstrates our ambitions not only as a forward thinking council but also for the future success of the local business economy in our district.”
Officers are now working with local organisations to produce the Council’s bid to be submitted by 11 May. The bid will focus on the benefits of being based in a regency riverside town, at the heart of the country, its successful digital creative economy, as well as its broad vision which underpins the District Council’s projects and initiatives to make Warwick district a great place to live, work and visit.
Visit the Warwick District Council website here.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire