Willans launch 2017 seminar series to help businesses avoid employment law pitfalls
- Credit: Archant
“These seminars provide a refresher of the latest legal developments, helping you to avaoid exposing your organisation to unnecessary risks.”
Gloucestershire law firm Willans LLP, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, has announced its latest series of seminars and workshops which will help businesses navigate the labyrinth of employment law in 2017.
From demystifying the General Data Protection Regulation through to advising professionals on how to retain their key staff, these seminars aim to help refresh knowledge and keep organisations up-to-speed with current employment law requirements.
The briefings, led by expert employment lawyers at Willans, are aimed at directors, senior executives, HR managers and in-house legal advisors.
Matthew Clayton, head of the employment law team at Willans, said: “Regardless of the size of your business, if you employ staff, then it’s vital to keep up-to-date with the latest requirements in employment law.
“These seminars provide a refresher of the latest legal developments, helping you to avoid exposing your organisation to unnecessary risks. They’re a great networking opportunity, too, so you can share ideas and experiences with other local professionals.”
Willans will run its first breakfast seminar on data protection on 28 March at the National Star College in Ullenwood, Cheltenham.
Commenting on this topic Matthew said: “The General Data Protection Regulation is a new EU data protection law covering the processing of data by businesses from May 2018 onwards. Whilst we will be leaving the EU at some point, the UK will still need to have equivalent laws, so it is still very relevant. Our March breakfast briefing will explore what this new law means for UK businesses and their commercial and employee data. We look forward to seeing you there!”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 8 great family walks in the North West
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
The four employment law seminars planned for the remainder of 2017 are:
• 28 March 2017: A quick guide to the General Data Protection Regulation (7:30am – 9am, National Star College)
• 9 May 2017: Employment law update (9:00am-1:30pm, Stonehouse Court Hotel)
• 21 September 2017: Building flexibility into your workforce (9:00am-1:30pm, Stonehouse Court Hotel)
• 7 November 2017: Managing and incentivising staff in a growing business (7:30am-9:00am, National Star College)