Wright Hassall named best regional law firm in the UK
- Credit: Archant
Wright Hassall has been named as the nation’s leading regional law firm at the legal industry’s prestigious national awards ceremony.
The Leamington based firm beat off rivals from across Britain to take the crown at The Lawyer Awards 2017 – the Oscars of the legal industry.
The awards - organised by The Lawyer magazine - celebrate the excellence of the legal sector across private practice, commerce and industry and is in its 23rd year.
More than 1,300 legal professionals attended the prestigious awards dinner, which was held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and was hosted by comedian Rob Brydon.
Judges praised Wright Hassall for the firm’s ‘client-centric vision and putting the customer at the heart of everything they do’.
The panel of judges included Molson Coors director for legal and corporate affairs Anita Adam, National Grid group head of legal Mo Ajaz, Allen & Overy managing partner Andrew Ballheimer, Monckton Chambers’ Nikolaus Grubeck and Blackstone Chambers’ Shaheed Fatima QC.
Sarah Perry, Managing Partner at Wright Hassall, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be named the best regional law firm in the UK.
“The award reflects Wright Hassall’s commitment to our firm, our clients and employees.
“We have always put our clients at the heart of everything we do and we work hard to find innovative solutions to meet their ever changing needs.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
“The firm’s leadership philosophy has resulted in a 74 per cent growth in turnover and a 43 per cent increase in headcount between 2008 and 2016. Account managed clients also achieved a 17 per cent increase in turnover last year - achievements we are extremely proud of.
“To be recognised as the UK’s best regional firm is testament to the hard work and commitment of all our employees and we are delighted to share this accolade with everyone associated with Wright Hassall. This award is an acknowledgement of their contribution towards the continued growth of the firm.”
The Lawyer Award follows Wright Hassall being top-ranked across many practice areas in the independent legal directories, and Sarah Perry being identified as one of the legal sector’s leading lights in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 list for 2017.