Oasis to release Knebworth concert film 25 years on
- Credit: Archant
A film of the record-breaking Oasis concerts at Knebworth House is being released by the band to mark the 25th anniversary of the shows.
August 1996 saw the Britpop band at the height of its fame, playing to around 250,000 fans over two days. Around 2.5 million people applied for tickets.
'I’ve seen a tiny trailer of it and it’s a fantastic snapshot of a bygone era before the internet. It’s great, really great'
The documentary, featuring never-before-seen footage, will be 'a story driven entirely by the music, a rock ’n’ roll experience, told in the moment, like a visual stream of consciousness that is built around the extensive archive footage from the event', Oasis music video director Jake Scott said.
Oasis songwriter and guitarist, Noel Gallagher, told The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2: 'The gig Oasis did at Knebworth is 25 in August and back in  we’d filmed it all really professionally with loads of cameras, we had cameras on the trains with fans.
'But for one reason or another, the film never came out but as it’s the anniversary coming up, we’re going to be releasing it now.
'I’ve seen a tiny trailer of it and it’s a fantastic snapshot of a bygone era before the internet. It’s great, really great.'
Also on the bill for the iconic Knebworth gig were Chemical Brothers, Manic Street Preachers, the Charlatans, Cast and Kula Shaker.
- Life at the home of rock: with Knebworth's Henry Lytton-Cobbold
- 11 great things to do in Hertfordshire in May
- Hertfordshire honey: 5 of the best local honey producers
- How to help bees in your garden by Herts garden designer Nic Savage
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea