Phil Walker - Maria’s Greenwood’s musician of the month
- Credit: Archant
Phil Walker first picked up a guitar at the age of six...
Self taught he began to copy the styles of his guitar heroes, Albert Lee and Hank Marvin. Turning professional when he left school, he’s since worked as a session musician, playing with artists from the likes of Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers to Dr & The Medics.
Now living in Weymouth, Phil has turned his passion for the guitar into a new theatre show. The Story of Guitar Heroes takes audiences on a musical journey exploring some of our greatest guitar legends and the songs which made them famous.
You can find out more at storyofguitarheroes.com.
Maria Greenwood presents Unplugged, a celebration of Dorset’s live music scene on Wessex FM (96-97.2FM) every Sunday evening from 5pm - 7pm
• How AFC Bournemouth’s promotion could benefit local business - Des Simmons, Chairman of the Bournemouth Tourism Management Board and Managing Director of Bournecoast Property Agents, reflects on how AFC Bournemouth’s promotion to the Premier League could benefit local business
• 33 famous people who went to school in Dorset - Celebrities and other famous figures who went to school in Dorset
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 8 great family walks in the North West
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings