Redwings: Rescued horse finds her happy new home
- Credit: Archant
The first horse from Redwings’ new rehoming centre has been rehomed
Just three years ago, Strawberry Shortcake was found alone, severely underweight and suffering from diarrhoea at a horse fair. Now this beautiful girl has become the first to be rehomed from the Redwings' new rehoming centre, which opened at its Caldecott, near Great Yarmouth in Norfolk, this summer.
Strawberry Shortcake was given a new home in Suffolk last autumn. Having already been a long-term Redwings supporter, new owner Kim first met Strawberry Shortcake when visiting Redwings Caldecott with her family this summer.
She said: "We saw her being tacked up for one of her training sessions. The team told us that she would be looking for a home as a lead-rein pony and I instantly fell in love with her. Everything they said about her sounded perfect for us."
After successfully applying to bring Strawberry Shortcake home, Kim added: "She is doing really well and her little character is starting to shine. We are taking things slowly with her and hopefully next year we might be able to start thinking about gymkhanas and some shows. She is very much loved and the girls think the world of her."
Lynn Cutress, Redwings' chief executive, said: "It's always heart-warming to hear of the achievements of our rehomed horses and ponies... seeing them become treasured members of new families is incredibly rewarding for everyone involved in their rescue and rehabilitation."
For more information and to apply to become a Redwings Guardian, see redwings.org.uk/rehoming
- 1 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 6 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try