Southwater singer reaches regional final
- Credit: Archant
Southwater 14-year-old Clarisse Mizoule has successfully gone through the Open Mic competition and will take part in the Regional Final at the Hove Centre on 18 October.
Clarisse said: “I have been working very hard over the last seven years towards my passion: singing. I started singing when I was 7 and since then have passed my grades successfully. I obtained my Grade 7 with distinction and am now working towards my Grade 8. I can’t wait to have my diploma and if all goes well I should have it by the time I am 16.
“Music was my first love. Although I am totally aware that the music industry is a very challenging one.
I am originally from France (born on Bastille Day!), I moved to the UK with my mum when I was three.”
Open Mic UK 2014 is the biggest search for unsigned talent in the UK, and travels the country every year in search of the UK’s best singers, singer-songwriters, rappers and vocalists of all genres.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset