St Ann’s Hospice GF2 Committee Spring Lunch, The Hunting Lodge, Adlington Hall
- Credit: Archant
Businesswoman Kathleen Potts was the guest speaker at a ‘Spring Lunch’ at The Hunting Lodge, Adlington Hall, organised by St Ann’s Hospice GF2 Committee.
Mrs Potts MBE, a well-known charity worker in the Stockport area, entertained the ladies with her light-hearted humorous talk ‘Gentle Trekking in the Annapurnas’.
The GF2 Committee is allied to the Starkie Committee which was instrumental in the setting up of St Ann’s Hospice in Heald Green, near Stockport, in 1971.
St Ann’s Hospice is the one of the oldest adult hospices in the country and provides free care to around 3,000 patients each year.
The Hospice needs to raise around £16,000 a day through fundraising and other donations to keep its doors open. Only a third of its income comes from the Government.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY KIRSTY THOMPSON
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 Things to do on a rainy day in Surrey
- 10 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall