St Ann’s Hospice GF2 Committee Spring Lunch, The Hunting Lodge, Adlington Hall
- Credit: Archant
Businesswoman Kathleen Potts was the guest speaker at a ‘Spring Lunch’ at The Hunting Lodge, Adlington Hall, organised by St Ann’s Hospice GF2 Committee.
Mrs Potts MBE, a well-known charity worker in the Stockport area, entertained the ladies with her light-hearted humorous talk ‘Gentle Trekking in the Annapurnas’.
The GF2 Committee is allied to the Starkie Committee which was instrumental in the setting up of St Ann’s Hospice in Heald Green, near Stockport, in 1971.
St Ann’s Hospice is the one of the oldest adult hospices in the country and provides free care to around 3,000 patients each year.
The Hospice needs to raise around £16,000 a day through fundraising and other donations to keep its doors open. Only a third of its income comes from the Government.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY KIRSTY THOMPSON
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 It’s a Cotswold hat-trick at Chelsea!
- 3 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 12 great things to do in Tiverton
- 6 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 7 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 Meet this year's Yorkshire contestant for the Great British Bake Off