University of Hertfordshire leaps up league table
- Credit: University of Hertforshire
Our county university has been named a ‘notable climber’ after it made a significant jump in a prestigious league table
University of Hertfordshire has been named a 'notable climber' after it made a significant jump in a prestigious league table.
In The Complete University Guide 2020 the Hatfield institution moved up the rankings by 12 places from 86th to 74th. The annual independent guide also ranked its teaching in food science, social work, optometry ophthalmology and orthoptics, and medical technology in the top 20 in the UK.
The guide analyses 131 universities across the UK based on 10 measures including student satisfaction, graduate prospects, investment in facilities and research quality.
Professor Quintin McKellar, university vice-chancellor, said he was extremely proud of the improvement. 'This rise is testament to our commitment to the quality of teaching and our investment to improve student experience and facilities. I am also particularly proud that our students' excellent progression rates to employment are being highlighted once again as we continue to strive as an institution to ensure students leave us with the knowledge, skills and attributes to succeed.'
The news comes after the university was awarded the top gold ranking in the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework last year.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds