*VIDEO* Croydon singer Ben Haenow wins The X Factor
- Credit: Archant
He was an early frontrunner to win the series outright – and now Ben Haenow has been crowned the winner of The X Factor 2014.
After thousands of hotly contested auditions nationwide, The X Factor 2014 climaxed with one of the most competitive finales the show has ever witnessed, with 29-year-old Ben eventually triumphing.
Mentored by Simon Cowell, the Croydon resident captivated viewers from the outset.
From the very first audition, where his rocky yet soulful vocals on the Bill Withers classic Ain’t No Sunshine saw him instantly marked out as one to watch, Ben has consistently proven himself.
Ben’s debut single is his rendition of OneRepublic’s hit Something I Need.
Produced by John Ryan it is immediately available for download and will be released on CD on Wednesday December 17, featuring some of Ben’s best moments from the show including Jealous Guy, Highway To Hell and Man In The Mirror.
The release of Something I Need will be in aid of children’s charity Together for Short Lives.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 8 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 9 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West
• Ben Haenow will headline The X Factor Live Tour 2015, which will visit arenas nationwide in February and March. For tickets, visit www.gigsandtours.com / www.seetickets.com