Reader’s wedding - Jayne and Rob
- Credit: Archant
Jayne Karger and Rob Sime were married at the stunning Careys Manor in Brockenhurst, here they share their special day
“We wanted a very traditional wedding, with personal touches to reflect us as a couple. Careys Manor in the heart of the New Forest was the perfect venue for our special day, and approaching the driveway of the beautiful manor house in our Rolls Royce Silver Cloud was a magical moment for my Dad and I.
My ensemble consisted of a Jasmine Collection lace gown, with Rainbow Couture shoes and a vintage style hairpiece. Hampshire florist, Driftwood and Daisies, created a stunning vintage inspired look for our bouquets and buttonholes.
Walking down the aisle as Hampshire string musicians The Bossard Quartet played Pachelbel’s Canon, was very emotional. Rob and I wrote our own vows to ensure that our promises came straight from the heart. As we left the ceremony and walked out onto the lawn, the quartet played ‘Here comes the Sun’ by The Beatles, and the sun came out almost at that very moment! Our guests enjoyed champagne and canapés as they mingled in the May bank holiday sunshine.
We developed a slight theme during the planning stages; featuring aspects of our respective home counties, Hampshire and Kent. Our wedding breakfast tables were named after real ales from both counties, and our favours were made by Naked Jam in Barton-on-Sea; Hampshire Strawberry and Champagne Jam and Kentish Real Ale Chutney. We also gave each guest a charity pin badge following a donation we’d made to Cats Protection; it was important to us that we honoured our beloved cat Polly in some way, as she couldn’t join us for the celebrations!
After a truly delicious meal, and some side-splittingly funny speeches, we enjoyed the grounds until sun down and danced the night away. We then spent our first morning as husband and wife enjoying all the romantic delights of Senspa, which really was the cherry on the top of our perfect wedding.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 5 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 6 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 7 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer