What’s in my bag?
- Credit: Archant
Amy Gallivan takes a sneak peek into the handbag of Martha Fraser, owner of Martha V fashion boutique in Newmarket
Martha Fraser has worked in the retail fashion industry for over 25 years and gets a real buzz from selecting the latest designs for her customers at her boutique Martha V, and spending time with them and her team.
“I’ve owned the boutique for the last six years – it specialises in ladies’ fashion, occasion wear and casual clothing with over 30 labels in stock,” said Martha.
“But I’ve actually worked in the same store for the past 25 years – retail is my passion.
I love everything about this boutique and Newmarket.
It’s like a little club as we have
a coffee and chat with the customers. I’ve even worked with the same staff for past 20-25 years.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
Standing proudly at the top of Newmarket’s high street, Martha V invites all women to explore the world of fashion and accessories within its smart boutique setting.
“I buy in all of the labels and we’ve been so busy with the warmer weather recently,” Martha added.
Martha V offers some of the industry’s leading designers, including Luis Civit, Michael Louisa, Taifun and Zeila, which are constantly kept fresh
1. I change my bags around to match my outfit, but today I’m using a gold Russell and Bromley bag, a gorgeous soft leather, which was bought for me as a present by my husband (Ian Fraser). I mentioned it one Sunday and then it appeared as a gift. Do I think he believes it was a good fashionable choice? Ha! I think he likes to talk the talk, or it’s rubbed off from me talking about fashion and shows all my life.
One thing not pictured, which I always carry is a little sentimental cross my mum gave me. It keeps me safe and provides good luck.
2. I always carry a make-up bag, and one special thing in there is my Dior Lip Maximizer, which is a plumping gloss. It always looks good and it’s certainly a handbag staple – nice for everyday and any occasion.
3. Of course I have a mobile phone, an IPhone. I use a few apps including the weather map which shows me what sort of day or week I might have in the shop. I also use the camera function frequently to take photos of products. I also use Shazam to find out about the latest music to include in fashion shows.
4. I carry an IPad, but I wouldn’t be without my paper dairy, a Filofax. It’s a bit old fashioned, but it’s trustworthy isn’t it? You’ve always got it written down if something were to go missing. I can trust it’s written there too.
5. I wear Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, but in the body mist form as it’s lighter and something I can wear in the daytime without it being overwhelming. It’s my signature scent.
6. They’re not a particular brand, but I always carry a pair of sunglasses. We need to protect our eyes from the harmful rays. n