Readers Event: British Art Show 8
- Credit: JONTY WILDE
It’s your special chance to enjoy the British Art Show 8 with the EDP Norfolk magazine
The British Art Show is in Norwich this summer, bringing more than 100 contemporary works by 42 artists to the city. The ambitious and eclectic art exhibition will span Norwich Castle, Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) and the Forum, until September 4.
Now EDP Norfolk magazine readers have the opportunity to enjoy a special private viewing of a selection of these fascinating art works, as well as a talk from two experts about the importance of this major arts event, which is held every five years and which has come to the east of England for the first time in its 37-year history.
To celebrate British Art Show 8 in Norwich, the EDP Norfolk magazine is partnering again with the Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery and NUA for our latest Readers’ Art Event. This will take place on Wednesday, August 24, at Norwich Castle, for a limited number of people. Tickets are £15 per person.
Guests will arrive at 4.30pm, and meet in the Rotunda of the Castle where tea and cake will be served until about 5pm. The group will then be joined by Harriet Loffler, curator of modern and contemporary art at Norfolk Museums Service, and Caroline Fisher, gallery manager at East Gallery at NUA, who will give an exclusive introduction to the exhibition and its visit to Norwich, which is helping to underline the city as a cultural destination.
This will be followed by the chance to view the art works in the gallery until 6.30pm.
Harriet describes the British Art Show 8 has “a snapshot of the most interesting contemporary artists making work today”. Don’t miss out on your chance to enjoy such a fascinating exhibition at this private viewing, which is part of the EDP Norfolk magazine’s series of special events for our readers.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 5 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 6 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
For tickets contact our events team on 01603 772819.