SHAUN THE SHEEP TAKES UP RESIDENCE AT CORNWALL'S LAND'S END
Shaun the Sheep, Wallace and Gromit and friends are moving to Land’s End after the site’s owner brings a new interactive family experience to the south west.
Shaun the Sheep, Wallace and Gromit and friends are moving to Land’s End after the site’s owner Heritage Great Britain PLC signed a deal to bring a new interactive family experience to the south west.
A joint venture has been agreed between Aardman Animations and Heritage Great Britain to create the half a million pound tourist attraction at the Cornish landmark.
The Shaun the Sheep Experience’, presented by Aardman, will see the famous Land’s End signpost rebranded 'Lamb’s End' with original sets, models and characters from the BAFTA and Academy award-winning productions. Visitors will be able to immerse themselves in Mossy Bottom Farm, discover the sheer mayhem of the Naughty Pig's Sty and try to cure Shirley the Sheep's hiccups.
There’ll also be an opportunity for people to star in a real Shaun the Sheep scene using green screen technology and to meet other characters from the Aardman family including Wallace and Gromit and Morph.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to be bringing a world class attraction to Land’s End and to work with the legendary Aardman studio," says Allan Leech, Heritage Great Britain, CEO. “The plans look stunning and we’re confident the experience will become a must visit attraction for tourists to the landmark site.
“We have a track record of running successful tourist attractions from John O’Groats and Land’s End to Snowdon Mountain Railway in North Wales and Lightwater Valley theme park in Yorkshire.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 4 5 up-and-coming Sussex artists to watch in 2021
- 5 5 of the best day trips in Yorkshire
- 6 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 7 WIN a hamper of Sky Wave Gin worth £170
- 8 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
David Sproxton CBE, Aardman Co-founder/Executive Chairman adds: “With more than half a million visitors to Land’s End every year we recognise the there is an opportunity to help deliver a unique attraction to such a famous landmark.”
The new attraction is due to open in February 2015 following the release of Shaun the Sheep The Movie.