Soulful Melissa James returns to Orford
- Credit: Archant
Special setting for end of tour concert
Soulful singer, Melissa James, will be returning to Orford for an intimate performance at St Bartholomew’s Church this month.
Melissa will mark the end of her church concert series with the gig on Saturday, June 27 at 6.30pm inside this special setting.
Melissa last performed in Orford in July 2012 when she warmed a crowd at the annual summer picnic and this last show, will also see local singer Natasha Hodge make a guest appearance.
Melissa said: “I come from a family of church-goers, but while I do have a strong faith, it has been a while since I attended church regularly.
“I feel a deep sense of comfort at the thought of performing in a church and my body tingled when I did it last.”
The blues-folk singer, whose debut album Day Dawns received critical acclaim in 2012, believes this last concert will be very ‘special’. “It’s about forming a connection with the local community and I hope we’ll all draw something from the songs.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
Tickets £10 from Jacki Maslin 01394 450799 or http://billetto.co.uk/melissa-james