- Credit: Archant
‘There are not many people who can sail away on holiday from the bottom of their own garden. We have enjoyed this privilege immensely and it is also an ideal place for children and grandchildren to learn to swim, row and sail,’ say the current owners of this beautiful family home.
Built in the 1950s, this maritime home has been updated and well-maintained by the present owners who have enjoyed Clamerkin Quay for more than 25 years.
The accommodation is on a single floor and designed to take maximum advantage of the creek and countryside views. The reception and inner halls open to a generous sitting room, focusing on a granite fireplace and bay windows and doors to the extensive terrace.
Linked by a wide archway, the kitchen/dining room with shaker style fittings, ceramic work surfaces, hob and oven, overlooks the creek and gardens through full-height windows. The two principle bedrooms are served by a recently refurbished bathroom with sizeable shower enclosure and contemporary bath suite and fittings. There is also a guest bedroom with an ensuite bathroom and adjacent studio or hobbies room. In addition is two further bedrooms. a long conservatory / garden room, utility /laundry room, and large double garage.
Extending to just over an acre, the mature grounds are secluded with expanses of lawn and a variety of flowering and evergreen shrubs include camellia, rhododendrons and eleagnus together with ornamental trees and a number of large Scots pines and various evergreens. Outside there is also a hot tub, a small greenhouse, tool store and superb boat and implement store.
Clamerkin Quay is offered for sale through Jackson-Stops & Staff, Truro 01872 261160 / jackson-stops.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper